In an attempt to overcome my gardening jitters I came up with a plan. This is my first attempt at gardening/landscaping, so I want to keep things simple for now. I’m going to start with some evergreen shrubberies (yes, I’m thinking of Monty Python) along the front of the house. Baby steps!
Here are my goals for this spring (to be crossed off when completed):
- Learn to efficiently dig a hole (and be able to do so without looking too silly).
- Purchase and plant the shrubs, trees and plants mapped out below.
- Install a flagstone path from the driveway to the front stairs.
- Define “natural areas” with mulch so they look neat even if they aren’t filled with plants. (Right now our natural areas are a bit too natural!)
- If numbers 1-4 don’t give me too much trouble I’ll start planting ferns, hostas and other shade loving plants in the natural areas.
Now bring me a shrubbery!