I’m shocked and flattered that some of you have asked how I curl my hair. I’ve always been dreadful at hair styling, so I’m ecstatic that I’ve finally figured something out! I made a little video showing how I do it. It’s quick and easy. I have yet to find a product that will keep my waves in place in the summer humidity or in the rain, but when the weather cooperates these curls will last for days. Without further ado, please join me in my bathroom as I curl my hair. Your view is from just above the toilet seat where I balanced my tripod. Fancy!
music: “Hot Sand” by Lullatone
Products I used:
I burnt out several clipless curling irons before splurging on a higher end one. If you want a less expensive iron this one was my favorite until it died. I love the Sedu one I have now. It heats up in seconds, works like a charm, and the heat resistant glove that came with it is a real finger saver.
Here’s a video summary if your attention span isn’t that long:
1. Put your damp hair in two braids before bed.
2. Take out the braids in the morning and your hair will be wavy. The braids already did most of the work!
3. Add a few curls here and there with a clipless curling iron to break up the braid waves a little bit and avoid the crimped look. Hold the iron upside down when you wind your hair around it. I don’t know why, but it works better that way.
4. Top your curls with a spritz of hairspray and a few drops of smoothing serum.
5. Done! The curls will relax and blend into big soft waves as you go on about your day.